Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Ylang 23 opened its new location at The Plaza at Preston Center on February 8.
- “My mother-in-law had a very dated '80s-era dynasty necklace with lovely baguettes that my husband turned into hoop earrings. It’s really special. It makes him happy when I wear them because the stones remind him of his mother.”—Piper Wyatt
- “My wedding band. It has my husband’s initials on the inside and, fun fact, his wedding band has mine on the inside.”—Amy Wells Havins
- “It’s a Cathy Waterman ring purchased at Ylang 23 (that reads LOVE in diamonds) and given to me by my ex-husband. I still wear it because I still believe in love.”—Robin Ladik
- “It’s a necklace my dad gave my mother on the day I was born in January 1983. It has one diamond in the middle for January and eight diamonds around it with three garnets for the year. My mother wore it every day my entire life and gave it to me the day I
- “It’s an Irene Neuwirth necklace from Ylang 23. It’s a long moonstone, and you can dress it up or dress it down and wear it long or short. I wear it all of the time.”—Cate Ford
Last night, Joanne and Charles Teichman hosted a grand opening party at their newly opened Ylang 23 store at The Plaza at Preston Center. Jewelry designers Stephanie Wynne and Jenny Klatt of Jemma Wynne, Arman Sarkisyan of Arman and Nak Armstrong mingled with guests such as Joyce Goss, Capera Ryan, Kimberly Schlegel Whitman, Muffin Lemak, Cate Ford, Piper Wyatt and Robin Ladik. Racked Dallas correspondent Haley Schultheis caught up with a few of them to ask them the question of the night: What is your favorite jewelry piece you own?
· Ylang 23 [Official Site]