Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Belk officially unveils its Texas flagship on April 9, but the store is soft-opening tomorrow at 10 a.m. Today, we got a chance to scope out the brand's three-story location at Galleria Dallas, and boy, she's a beaut.
- The men's department spans part of the third floor, and it features premium brands like Polo by Ralph Lauren. Also, you'll find pretty installations all over the store, like this in-house-designed one above the oxfords.
- Belk loves local brands and gives Richardson-based Fossil pride of place on the first floor with this eye-catching display.
- A detail of the display for Fossil.
- Fans of Kate Spade will be happy. This store within a store has the distinction of being the second-largest Kate Spade shop inside of a retailer.
- Behold, the Innovation Lab—otherwise known as the place where your husband or boyfriend can be dropped off. Equipped with three iPads, phone-docking stations and comfy seats, the men in your party will be pleased.