Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Try soft, ethereal shades for a fresh take on the smoky eye. This season is all about effortless confidence and a slightly understated beauty look, and a classic smoky eye can often look too heavy and deliberate for that airy, off-duty feel. To cre
- Stay matte for a modern finish. Women are abandoning the dewy look for a more expensive-looking and refined luxe matte finish. Going into the summer months, it’s extremely important to use a primer to help makeup go the distance and look flawless t
- Experiment with liquid liner for day and night. An inky matte liner is a makeup bag must-have for spring 2014. Customize your liner look by keeping it crisp or smudging it for a softer finish. Pair with a bold orange lip and a fab set of lashes for
- Don’t be afraid to match your lips to your manicure. I’m all about mixing it up for an eclectic approach to style, but there’s something so fab about a polished pout and matching manicure. We’ve seen countless celebrities coordinating their lips an
- Add instant glamour with a lush lash. I love a faux lash for adding definition and drama to any look. With the right tools, lashes are easier than ever to apply, and I've recently expanded my lash bar to include styles that range from subtle to sta
Makeup impresario Napoleon Perdis is headed to the Big D next week for a Neiman Marcus NorthPark appearance where he'll introduce his new spring collection. What better time, then, to ask the master his tips on creating an "eye"-conic springtime look?
· Napoleon Perdis [Official Site]