Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
- Belk is headquartered in Charlotte, N.C. The 180,000-square-foot store at Galleria Dallas is the company's 18th flagship, and first in Texas.
- A runway show featured Belk fashions, styled for an array of occasions.
- But first, everyone checks her phone...
- Emmitt schmoozes with Belk execs.
- Wife Pat does too.
- The mannequins are digging the music, picked by an omnipresent DJ—Lucy Wrubel.
While the Belk flagship doesn't officially debut until tomorrow, it has been in soft-open mode for over a week. Last Thursday saw the Galleria's newest, most accessibly fashionable store throw a grand-opening party, which benefited the Susan G. Komen Foundation.
All of Dallas's biggest "names" were there, from Emmitt and Pat Smith to a certain former Bachelor contestant to, yes, the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders. (Who knew their boots were so white up-close?) Nashville star and Belk brand ambassador Hayden Panettiere even stopped by. Sprinkle in your requisite bloggers amid the fray, and you've got one heckuva party, Belkie.
· Belk [Official Site]