Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
It's nearly the weekend, and what better time to treat yourself right. (Amiright?) So, head on over Knox Street and take advantage of the area's retail renaissance. First thing's first—indulge in some coffee and eggs al fresco at Toulouse Cafe and Bar. Then, if you can believe it, your Perfect Saturday gets even better...
- Start your Perfect Saturday off with a perfect brunch at Toulouse Cafe and Bar (3314 Knox St.). Does eating the Katy Trail Omelette count as exercise?
- Scoot over to Travis Walk for an appointment at Double R, the new bespoke women's clothing line. Owners Ravi and Jen Ratan will expertly take your measurements and fit you for a one-of-a-kind button-down shirt, tunic or shirtdress. Call (972) 814-0000 for
- Jump back over to Knox and hit up Steven Alan (3205 Knox St.). The store's sporting a pretty irresistible sale right now, with items marked down up to 50 percent. Isabel Marant, anyone?
- Check out Planet Bardot, a relatively new boutique along the Knox strip (3119 Knox St). Think Rebecca Taylor separates, Rag & Bone sandals and lots of cute, affordable accessories.
- Shopping is hard work—frozen custard to the rescue! Wild About Harry's has some 50-odd flavors just waiting for you to try (3113 Knox St).