Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
For this edition of Perfect Saturday, we head to the Plaza at Preston Center, the lifestyle shopping center that seems to keep getting better and better. Start your day off with one of the most healthful brunches around and then peruse one of the finest selections of jewelry in the city. Gems and goji granola? Yes, please.
- Get your Perfect Saturday off to a healthful start at True Food Kitchen. From verdant greens to nutritional cocktails (Medicine Man, anyone?), food-as-fuel never tasted so good.
- After brunch, head next door to Ylang 23, Joanne and Charles Teichman's Parisian-inspired jewelry boutique. From Jennifer Meyer to Megan Thorne, delicate and darling gems beckon.
- Just around the corner, the LUBLU showroom never disappoints. Kira Plastinina's designs are at once daring yet classic—perfectly refined pieces ideal for any event.
- And around another corner, Tootsies awaits. The two-story store yields contemporary designers and desirable denim...and we daresay there's a sale going on now too.
- What better way to cap off your (relatively) virtuous afternoon than at Sprinkles Ice Cream? With a multitude of mix-ins, the bespoke, delectable ice cream is worth every calorie.